There are hundreds of keto pre-workout supplements floating around in the keto market. While some of them are amazing, some of them can be harmful more than beneficial.
The list of ketogenic pre-workout supplements is long. And it can be confusing to know which one is the best for you. So, how do you know which one is safe, healthy and will give you value for your money?
How do you know which keto-friendly pre-workout supplements to buy?
To help you choose the best keto pre-workout supplement, here is an impartial and comprehensive list of ketogenic pre-workout drinks.
The pre-workout supplements below are safe to use. They all have beneficial ingredients in the right amount to give you a blasting workout experience.
Why Do People Take Keto Pre-Workout Supplements?
A keto diet is extremely effective for weight loss and to maintain good health. That is because it activates the process of ketosis in the body. A keto diet is high in fat, protein, and low in carbs.
This high fat, low carb diet changes the metabolic state of the body. Instead of getting energy from carbs, the body now gets energy from burning fat and proteins.
On a keto diet, now most of our energy comes from burning fat. The high fat, low carb diet activates a process in the body known as ketosis.
As we consume minimal carbs, a keto diet may cause us to feel low in energy. To boost their work out experience and have more energy during workouts, people often use Ketogenic Pre-Work Out Supplements.
Effective help you increase your stamina. They also provide you with higher energy levels, burn more fats, and have an overall solid workout experience. (1)
Is It Necessary To Take Keto Pre-Workout Supplements?
As there are hundreds of Ketogenic Pre-Work Out Supplements in the market, they may feel absolutely necessary.
And while a keto diet in the first few weeks may cause fluctuations in your energy levels, you do not need to take pre-workout supplements to boost your energy.
Yes, keto-friendly pre-workout supplements do help, but you do not ‘have’ to take them. And don’t worry if the idea of taking pre-work supplements does not appeal to you.
There are many other effective ways you can boost your work out performance and have a revitalizing workout.
For starters, you can increase your calorie intake from fats and proteins. This is because more fats and proteins will give you more energy during your workouts. However, avoid eating fats or proteins 3 hours before you work out to give your body enough time to digest the fats and proteins.
Eating closer to your workout time may make you feel heavy and can affect your workout adversely.
Simple things like drinking enough water, eating enough keto calories, and resting well can help you have a fantastic workout.
You can also go for a massage after your workout to reduce muscle soreness, which will help you perform even better during your next workout.
That being said, if you love your Keto Pre-Workout Supplements, below are the pros and cons of the best 3 supplements in the keto market.
Best Ketogenic Pre-Work Out Supplements
⭐ Perfect Keto Perform Pre-Work Out Drink (Best Choice)
Perfect Keto Perform makes it to the top of our list, and it is for many good reasons.
What’s Good About It?
- The best thing we like about Perfect Keto Perform is that it does not have artificial flavors, additives, and sweeteners. All ingredients are natural and pro-health.
- It is designed especially for people who are on the ketogenic diet and hit the gym regularly.
- It contains a whopping 4500 mg of MCT (medium-chain triglycerides). MCT increases energy levels, reduces tiredness, and improves cognitive function. It also improves digestion, promotes weight loss, has antimicrobial properties, and triggers ketosis in the body. (2)
- Keto Perform also contains BCAA (branch chain amino acids), which improve concentration, brain function, and improve appetite. (3)
- The 50mg caffeine in this pre-workout supplement promotes fat burning.
- With 2000mg of creatine monohydrate, this supplement helps in increasing endurance and muscle regeneration.
- L-citrulline in it increases blood flow and protein levels in the muscles.
- It has a delicious lemon flavor to it without being too sweet. It has a natural and balanced sweetness from stevia leaves.
What Can Be Improved?
- Keto Perform only comes in one flavor, lemon, which can be boring with consistent use.
- It is a bit more expensive than other Keto Pre-Workout Supplements.
How To Take It?
Blend half or one scoop in 8-10 ounces of water half an hour before your workout. Avoid using sugary or sports drinks, and use water for full benefit.
We love this delicious keto-friendly pre-workout supplement. It has all the necessary ingredients to boost your energy levels, keep your body in ketosis, improve muscle regeneration, and give you a kick-ass workout.
Perfect Keto has a good quantity of ketone salts and nitric oxide to prevent atherosclerosis (a disease of the arteries), boost performance, and regulate your immune system.
As it is made with 100 percent natural ingredients, it has no side effects on your body.
Hundreds of people all over the internet love this product and are regular users of it. Many Amazon reviewers say they feel on top of their game even after hours of taking it. We would definitely recommend this delicious and vitalizing ketogenic pre-workout supplement. Go for it!
⭐ BPI Sports Pre-Workout Supplement
BPI is another pre-workout supplement and makes it second our list of Keto Genic Pre work out drinks.
What’s Good About It?
- 7.7 grams of beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB) per serving is present in this pre-workout supplement. BHB is a type of ketone salt that our body produces when breaking down fat. The break down of fats is what gives energy on a keto diet and during workouts. In your workouts, your body uses this fat for fuel.
- BPI also has MCT, which improves brain function, increases energy levels, boosts workout performance, and maintains ketosis.
- The caffeine in BPI sports helps in burning fat and improving focus during the workout. (4)
- What’s unique in BPI is that it has a compound called Choline, which increases clarity and sharpness of mind.
- One of the best Keto Pre-Workout Supplements, BPI, also has Taraxacum officinale, commonly known as dandelion flower root. It helps with water retention and detoxifying the liver.
- This pre-workout supplement is perfect for your keto diet as it does not contain any carbohydrates, which powers up your work-out even more.
- It is available in four exciting flavor – apple pear, blue lemon ice, tropical freeze, and watermelon ice.
What can be improved?
- It contains milk, so it is not feasible for vegans who are on a keto diet.
- BPI also contains artificial flavors and fiber additives.
- Does not have ingredients that increase blood flow
How to take it?
Take half or one scoop of BPI and blend it in 8-10 ounces of water. Consume it half an hour or 15 minutes before work out.
This is one of the good keto pre-workout supplements for those that are looking for more options in flavors. It has four exciting flavors, as we mentioned above.
While the reviews on amazon.com are a mix of positive and negative, the overall rating for this pre-work supplement is positive. We give a thumbs up for BPI as it increases energy, improves brain function, and helps in detoxifying the liver and turns your body into a fat-burning machine.
If you are wondering which flavor to go for, blue lemon ice is a winner in the Amazon reviews.
⭐ Sheer Strength Labs – Keto Pre-Workout Powder
Last but not least, on our list is Sheer Strength Powder. It has some power-packed ingredients to give a pre-workout boost.
What’s Good About It?
- It contains BHB salts, which help the body to break down fats and, in turn, provide more energy during workouts.
- Sheer Strength also does not contain any added sugars and artificial flavors.
- All ingredients in it all-natural and therefore are safe for your body.
- This keto pre-workout powder also contains L-citrulline, which prevents malnourishment, increases exercise capacity, lowers blood pressures, decreases inflammation, and also acts as an anti-depressant. (5)
- It also contains a healthy amount of caffeine to boost energy and focus.
- It is loaded with beta-alanine, which is a non-essential amino acid. The benefits of this amino acid include an increase in muscle endurance and neutralizes free radicals. It is excellent for high-intensity workouts as it causes less exhaustion. (6)
- Huperzia Serrata is a plant which is also an ingredient in this pre-workout supplement. It increases cognitive function and functional performance.
What Can Be Improved?
- It is only available in one flavor which can get boring with consistent use
- No mention of MCT, which is an essential energy-boosting ingredient in the first two Ketogenic Pre-Work Out Supplements.
- The taste might be too sweet for some people.
How To Take It?
Mix half or one scoop of Sheer Strength Labs Powder in 8-10 ounces of water and drink it half an hour before a workout. If the taste is too sweet for you, you can mix it in 10-15 ounces of water.
The natural and safe ingredients in this powder make it one of the best Keto Genic Pre work out drinks in the keto market. It includes energy and focuses ingredients like BHB and caffeine to give you the workout boost you need.
If you like the sweet watermelon taste, this might be the ketogenic pre-workout supplement you need.
⚡ Homemade Keto Pre-Workout Supplements
If you are not a fan of the market bought Ketogenic Pre-Workout Supplements, you can also make one by yourself from natural ingredients.
You need a few natural ingredients to make a delicious and pocket-friendly pre-workout supplement:
- Citrulline Powder (7)
- Ashwagandha powder
- Creatine powder
- MCT powder
- 600 ml of water
All of these ingredients mentioned above are also present in the keto-friendly pre-workout supplements we mentioned above. They are incredibly effective in increasing energy and focus, muscle regeneration, and give you a solid workout.
You can mix all of them or also just take any one of them. For a power-packed pre-workout homemade supplement, mix all of them.
It can be tiring and exhausting to figure out which pre-workout supplement is the real deal. Out of the hundreds of supplements in the market, a handful of them are safe, healthy, and power-packed.
While taking a pre-workout supplement is hugely beneficial, it is good to read the ingredients of the product before purchasing it. Always go for Keto Pre-Workout Supplements that have the least or no artificial ingredients.
To all our readers, we recommend you try Perfect Keto Perform as it has all-natural ingredients, enhances blood flow, and boosts performance like no other brand we have come across.
- J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2018 Aug 8;15(1):41. Multi-ingredient pre-workout supplements, safety implications, and performance outcomes: a brief review.
- Karen Mumme, Welma Stonehouse Effects of medium-chain triglycerides on weight loss and body composition: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Dong-Hee Kim, Seok-Hwan Kim, Woo-Seok Jeong, and Ha-Yan Lee Effect of BCAA intake during endurance exercises on fatigue substances, muscle damage substances, and energy metabolism substances.
- T E Graham Caffeine and exercise: metabolism, endurance and performance.
- Takashi Suzuki, Masahiko Morita, Yoshinori Kobayashi, and Ayako Kamimura Oral L-citrulline supplementation enhances cycling time trial performance in healthy trained men: Double-blind randomized placebo-controlled 2-way crossover study.
- Guilherme Giannini Artioli , Bruno Gualano, Abbie Smith, Jeffrey Stout, Antonio Herbert Lancha Jr Role of beta-alanine supplementation on muscle carnosine and exercise performance.
- Kohei Takeda, Masanao Machida, Akiko Kohara, Naomi Omi, Tohru Takemasa Effects of citrulline supplementation on fatigue and exercise performance.